Hey everybody! Hope you are having a good week so far, I am actually surprised that I said it was Thursday as I really have no idea what day it actually is. It has been one of those weeks. I have a few fun, throwback pics to share just for the heck of it, so here we go:
And this last picture was from my wedding day! At my parents house trying not to freak out. All I wanted was to see my husband as he is the one person who can calm my nerves. I love him! (circa August 2nd, 2014) 😀
OK, hope the pictures were fun. I created a new recipe for the crock pot yesterday, so here it is:
Cranberry Raisin Pork Loin
Ingredients: 2-3lbs pork loin, 1tsp ginger, 1/2 tsp sea salt, 1/2 tsp black pepper, 1/2 cup dried cherries or fresh, 1/3 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup raisins, 1/4 tsp ground cloves, 1 1/2 tsp minced garlic, 1/2 cup water, 1/2 lime
1) Place pork loin in crock pot.
2) In a small bowl, mix together the ginger, salt, pepper, cherries (if dried, not fresh, add those at end if fresh), brown sugar, raisins, clove, and garlic.
3) Using your lime, squeeze over top of pork loin, then place the rind in the crockpot (I put mine underneath the pork to let the pork soak up more of the flavor), and then sprinkle the seasoning mixture over the top of the pork.
4) Pour the water into the crockpot and if you used fresh cherries, place those over the top of the pork.
5) Put lid on the crockpot and cook on low for 8 hours.
It is not 100% paleo due to the brown sugar, but this recipe is gluten-free, which is still good. I also found that the lime can be a bit over powering if you use too much, so when you squeeze the juice, do not go crazy. Hope you like the recipe, it was really good!
I am nervous about my graduation on Saturday, but then I think about everything I have accomplished and it is hard to believe that I did this and I did really, really well. If you are thinking about going back to school, whether it is for an associate’s degree, bachelor’s degree, master’s degree, or doctorate and are unsure if you can do it, tell yourself that you can do it. Trust me, you can do anything you set your mind too. Good luck if you have decided to go get a degree!
Word of the day is rest. I need to actually listen to my advice on this one, but won’t until Saturday. It is so important to give yourself a rest day, whether it is rest from your workouts (which is what I need, I am SORE!!!), or it rest from a stressful stimulus in your life right now. It is ok to allow yourself that right, so do it!
Have a great Thursday everybody!!